Offering the handicapped the autonomy they yearn for means
unlocking the greatest number of doors for them.
The Tourist Office of Nyons has been “Tourism and Disabilities” approved in June 2015 (for the Nyons tourist board).
It has validated the four deficiencies demanded by the label: motor, visual, cerebral and auditive disabilities.
The Tourist Office commits to implement the “Approved site engagement chart” by guaranteeing the reception and permanent preservation of the disabled access standards of the site.
The Tourist Office proposes guided tours, accommodations or practical information adapted to the handicapped that could be useful to you to organize your future vacation in the Nyons area.
What does the “Tourism and Disabilities” label mean?
This label is a solution for the handicapped who wants to choose in total freedom the perfect destination and activities for their future vacation. It ensures an effective reception adapted to the essential needs of the handicapped.
This label, what for?
For the disabled tourists, the label is the proof of the tangible engagement of the infrastructure manager in favor of the disabled access standards along with the guarantee of an effective reception adapted to the handicapped.
How does the label work?
The label can be granted for two, three or four deficiency groups: motor, visual, auditive and cerebral. The pictogram that corresponds to the disability in question is affixed next to the “Tourism and Disabilities” logo. The label is granted for 5 years maximum. It can be renewed by additional clause only after verifying that the disabled access standards and reception criteria are maintained.
Discovering the Nyons area offers adapted to the handicapped
Offers adapted to the four deficiencies:
- Inventory of the Nyons area tourist sites adapted to the handicapped and provision of those information on our website and on paper documents.
- Training for the welcome desk staff to provide an effective reception adapted to the handicapped.
- Parking spot adapted to the handicapped next to the tourist board and secure access to the spot.
- Bathrooms adapted to the handicapped in the vicinity of the tourist board (about 150m)
Offers adapted to the visual deficiency:
- Braille documents about the Nyons area, can be sent on request
- Nyons black and white city map, can be sent on request
- Sensory guided tours of Nyons and of the villages nearby by a qualified guide
Offers adapted to the auditive deficiency:
- Provision of audio induction frequency loops at the tourist board of Nyons
- Audioguides fitted out with audio induction frequency loops to visit the villages of Nyons, Mirabel-aux-Baronnies, Sahune and Vinsobres.
- Sign language tool available at the tourist board of Nyons
Offers adapted to the cerebral deficiency:
- Pictograms at the tourist board of Nyons to facilitate the identification of the different areas and themes.
- Simplified guided tours of Nyons and of the villages nearby by a qualified guide.
Offers adapted to the motor deficiency:
- Arrangement of the tourist board of Nyons to enable an easy traffic inside the infrastructure and a better access to the documentation
- Guided tours of Nyons and of the villages nearby by a qualified guide, adapted to the handicapped.