Situated at the foothills of the Pre-Alps, the village benefits a favourable location where the vineyard is THE king.
Indeed, after the olive tree frost in 1956, the vineyard spread over the landscapes and became "Côtes du Rhône" and "Village St Maurice".
St Maurice belonged to the Cadienses tribe and used to be called "Bosquetum" (le Bouchet). During the feudal era, the St Jean knights of Jerusalem built a Castle and developped the Hospital which was later transformed into the St Maurice Lords' property (today known as Ste Anne Castle).
A must see/do:
- the Museum of History and Heritage, the fountain, the washing place, the Ste Anne Castle.
- Village celebration: the week-end after August 15 - firework on sunday.